Sunday, April 1, 2012

April 1

Today was a gorgeous day in Florida! It was 83 and sunny! I got up this morning and went sea shelling. We searched and searched but didn't find many seashells. We began packing up and looked back at the Gulf and realized there were dolphins swimming around.  I don't know how many there were exactly.  But, we kept seeing the tops of them pop up in the water.  It was so cool!

After that, we decided to take a drive and take a look at the town of Panama Beach. Wow! What a busy place here.  A lot of high school and college students come here to celebrate spring break. We did see a lot of families too.  We got some more groceries (needed laundry detergent!) and checked out the area.

It was then time to head to the beach. We got ready and ate lunch then were out the door. The beach is right in front of us but we had to take the elevator down and walk to it.  There were a lot of people already there.  But, we got pretty close to the water.  Ben, Mom and I walked to the sand bar and played in the water.
The waves were awesome! I was in the water for an hour. It was so much fun!!! I tanned for a little.

 We all got bored so we decided to go to the pool across the road it was really busy! (But I had fun!) Ben, Emma, and I went into the pool but it was really cold (but in 83 degree weather you can imagine it was refreshing!) My dad jumped in and threw me and Ben around (it was awesome!) we got bored and decided to head back to the condo and head for Pier Park. (it's an outdoor shopping amusement park.)

We took showers and got ready to shop! Pier Park is right down the road but because of the heavy traffic it still took a bit to get there. Pier Park is like an open air mall with lots of bright colored buildings.  The amusement park was open too. I want to go back and ride some rides. We just walked around and my sisters checked out some shops.  I went to the Nike Store to look for some tennis shoes.  No luck though.  It was fun to walk around and just check it out. I am sure we will go back!

I realized when I got back I had red spots over me from being burnt. ( Not very good for the first day!) My mom prepped dinner and we had a WONDERFUL dinner! Now I am taking it easy and trying to recover from my big day and my burns!

Hope you are having a great Spring Break!

No comments:

Post a Comment